The Pathfinder 360 Alpha Comms gives the option of including a modem and communications package to the Pathfinder 360 Alpha, which allows Pathfinder to communicate one way to a mobile telephone, or two way to an alarm data management software platform, such as I-Host. The ability to send alarm data to a management platform, which then may be integrated to the Company SCADA network allows engineers to very quickly identify fault locations, leading to very much reduced restoration times. The ‘Comms’ package is integrated within the same enclosure, is powered from the same long life battery, and allows a heartbeat message to be sent say once a week to give the status of the instrument, including battery life and RSSI data. The modem can operate on 4G, with automatic drop down to 3G or 2G if required, or on GPRS or GSM networks.
The operating parameters of the Pathfinder can be changed remotely without having to visit the unit, but as it is an event driven instrument will be done during a heartbeat conversation.
- Messaging via 4G, or GSM (data-call) or GPRS from a standard SIM Card, to a public or private APN
- Heartbeat data confirms the health of the outstation on a regular basis.
- Operating parameters, such as sensitivity adjustments can be made remotely.
- Messages can be directed to multiple locations, including on-call mobile telephones.
- Ultra low power demand ensures a 10 year life, even with the addition of the Comms package.
- Commissioning from dedicated Web-page, or from the alarm data management PC, or by the manufacturer.
- Time stamping of the fault event.